1. Real name
Susan-Jane Dolores Pietras Smith
2. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME:(mother and fathers middle names)
3. NASCAR NAME:(first name of your mother’s dad, father’s dad)
4. STAR WARS NAME:(the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name)
5. DETECTIVE NAME:(favorite color, favorite animal)
6. SOAP OPERA NAME:(middle name, town where you were born)
Dolores Niagara Falls
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd fav color, fav car, add “THE” to the beginning)
The Pink Volare
8. FLY NAME:(first 2 letters of 1st name, last 2 letters of your last name)
9.STREET NAME:(fav ice cream flavor, fav cookie)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip
10. SKANK NAME: (1st pet’s name, street you grew up on)
Snow Niagara Ave
11. GANGSTA NAME:(first 3 letters of last name plus ‘izzle’)
12. YOUR GOTH NAME:(black, and the name of one of your pets)
13. STRIPPER NAME: (name of your fav perfume/cologne, fav candy)
Since I can’t sleep and I am sitting here, I figured I would update you all about what happened.
Last Monday night/Tuesday morning right around midnight my belly button starting bleeding, again. Now, this is what happened back in September that sent me to the hospital, then to the ct scan, and into finding out I had cancer. Then, I had cellulitis and they never figured out why my navel was bleeding.
Well, again, I had cellulitis, and off we went toward the doctor’s office so we could be there as they opened. Unfortunately it was snowing pretty hard and there was quite a bit on the roads. Partway to the doctor’s office we called and found out he was in surgery, and to call my surgeon.
Now, my surgeon is much further away and his office was closed due to snow so off to the ER we went. We signed it, then went to sit and we weren’t there for more than 20 minutes or so when they took us back into triage, then into a room.
That does not happen unless you are dying normally as the hospital is just overwhelmed with way too many people relying on it, as it is the only hospital for 40 miles. I was a bit worried with the quick trip back, but they had my history, knew I had this in September and the subsequent cancer discovery and nephrectomy.
I saw a couple doctors, got hooked up to an IV, and waited for blood work to come back. In only a couple hours all this was done, the decision to admit me was made and I was pushed into the hall so the room I was in could be used.
Luckily we weren’t in the hall long before they moved me upstairs. Tony had to push my wheelchair behind me as they wouldn’t let me go up in it, only on a stretcher. They got me in my room, settled into bed, and that was that.
The next 3 days were spent on several different antibiotics, having to change mainly due to my kidney function getting worse, quickly, from one day to the next. Then I was put on oral antibiotics, then back to IV ones, and on and on. I was also on IV pain meds due to not only the cellulitis pain but the continued muscle pains from my surgery.
On day 2, I believe, I had a PICC line put in to keep IV access open since my IV was acting up and my veins are becoming harder to get into since I have had so much blood work and all the accompanying things with having diabetes and cancer. The process took awhile and my elbow was more sore than the actual site afterward.
I came home on Friday, I think. The days have pretty much been running together through all this since I am sleeping oddly.
The cellulitis seems to be all gone now, and my belly button has stopped bleeding. Now, I just hope that I don’t end up back in the hospital again for a long time.
1. I am disproportionate, my arms and legs are too short compared to my torso.
2. I have PCOS.
3. I have Diabetes.
4. I am a cancer survivor!
5. I shave my head every year for St. Baldrick’s (Donate here: http://www.stbaldricks.org
6. My hair is fuschia right now.
7. My hair has been: green, pink, fuschia, red, orange, blonde, brown, grey, purple, magenta, burgundy.
8. The only color hair, I have not had is black. It is too hard to dye over :)
9. I went 9 years between haircuts, from the time before Tony and I got married until I shaved my head for St. Baldrick’s in 2007.
10. Now, in between shavings, Tony cuts my hair with clippers, and he does a fantastic job.
11. I have 4 tattoos.
12. I only have 7 piercings, now.
13. I am a writer.
14. I have worn glasses since I was 5.
15. I used to hate glasses, now I wouldn’t go without them.
16. I love driving and when we go on long trips, I tend to do the majority of the driving.
17. I wear jewelry almost everyday: my wedding ring, engagement ring, multiple stone diamond ring (that was my original engagement ring, we couldn’t find a band to match it.) my medic alert necklace which is flanked by two rings that say: courage and survivor.
18. I sleep on a lot of pillows, when we go away I tend to take at least one with me.
19. I collect lighthouses.
20. My license plate says Suzika.
21. I have been playing the same online game for 4.5 years.
22. My friend that lives the farthest away is in Australia.
23. I got a Happy New Year call from Denmark.
24. I am teaching myself how to crochet.
25. I loom knit.
I spent most of the past week in the hospital. I do not feel up to posting but wanted to let y’all know where I was. Hopefully, back soon.