1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Egg nog is an abomination.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps presents, now, and did when I was a child. The only present I ever remember not being wrapped was the year we all got bikes.
We opened all our gifts then got redirected into the next room. When we went back to where the tree was, there were 4 bikes. Now, my parents never left the room. I’m 31 years old and I still have no idea how they got those bikes in the house.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Multicolored. I really don’t like the white lights. I can deal with all blue but, anything else just doesn’t feel right.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up?It used to be the weekend after Thanksgiving but, with the two small, full of energy, boys we haven’t yet.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey. I could eat turkey for months and months and never get bored of it.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The year we all went to my Mom’s parents for Christmas. All of us kids gathered in one room and the adults where all over the living room and dining room floor.
During the late evening, we saw a red light go across the sky, heard bells, and a hearty ho ho ho. Now, we were little and all still believed. We freaked out. Santa was here! We had to go to sleep.
Yeah, right. You convince a room of excited children to sleep when they think Santa is there.
And my parents still deny having anything to do with it.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t really remember. I think that I came to the conclusion on my own . I know that I kept it from my parents that I didn’t believe, as well, they loved that we believed in Santa.
I have no clue how my siblings learned either. I know I didn’t spoil it for them.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, sometimes. Not the kids but, Tony and I normally exchange gifts right after midnight. We haven’t for a couple years, and won’t this year, as we’re broke.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments from the years since they were all stolen. All over the tree, lots of lights and icicles all over it.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Hate, hate, hate it. Being the gimp that I am it leaves me stuck indoors.
12. Can you ice skate? Ha. no
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The necklace Tony got me on our first Christmas. It’s a gold heart with a garnet in the middle. His birthstone is garnet. Yeah, sappy, but, wow I love him.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate chip cookies. As you must have cookies at Christmas.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My family has kind of odd traditions that have changed over the years. Christmas eve afternoon we all go to the Lodge to eat and see people. Then we come back here and eat pizza and chicken wings.
Yes, you read that right, pizza and wings. And, it’s my favorite tradition as it is ours alone.
17. What tops your tree? It depends on the year. Stars, angels, santas, have all topped it.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving when I have the money. I hate being broke at Christmas.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
20. Candy canes? One or two. I’m not a big, big fan.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? The Muppets Christmas Carol
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk of course. And an apple for Rudolph.